Monday, January 1, 2007

First day of 2007

Happy New Year to you all!

Last year was a great year, thank you all for your support.

My focus last year was to build a portfolio of random images. From taking pictures of all ages I realized that my passion lies more in the older population. I feel I have a better understanding of this type of photography and will specialize more in this. I have decided to focus this year on Seniors (meaning high school, but wouldn't turn away the citizens either), couples engagements, and bridals. I am also going to be studying weddings with the hopes of getting some experience with more seasoned photographers and start building a portfolio here as well.

This does not mean that I will not take pictures of babies, kids, and families, it basically means that I will focus more on the other this year.


So that said funny that my first picture entires will be of my beautiful daughter Jacey, my very willing subject (most days)

I got a digital slave flash for Christmas this year and here are my first shots with it in a studio type setup. The flash was bounced into, of all things, a laundry basket (talk about professional) I am getting an umbrella soon, but the basket actually worked pretty well.





My settings were ISO 200 ss 125 f2.2 and again bounced flash. For my first attempt I am pretty satisfied, but see much room for improvements.



This shot is just for fun, not your typical photograph, I did actually mean to have the focus the way it is too. It was more for capturing her movement and after all isn't that what childhood is about?





I am looking forward to the New Year, trying new things and finding my passion more and more daily. Thanks for looking, and remember any comments you wish to share is much appreciated.


PS) all the entries from last year are not lost they can still be found here... http://www.amynielson.com/awn/blog.html I just wanted to start one specifically for my business and the other will be more for my family updates, although there will be pleanty of family pictures here too.

No comments: